The Big Benefits of a Holiday Shop Local Campaign For Your Perris, CA Business
'Tis the season for giving, and what better way to give back to your community than by launching a holiday shop local campaign? Not only will this support the local economy, but it will also strengthen the relationships between businesses and their customers. Here's everything you need to know about how to make your holiday shop local campaign a success courtesy of the Perris Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Business and Holiday Giving
One of the best things about the holidays is that it's a time when people are naturally more inclined to give back. As a business owner, there are plenty of ways you can get involved in giving back to your community during the holiday season. Here are just a few ideas:
-Donate a portion of proceeds to a local charity.
-Host a food or clothing drive at your business.
-Partner with another local business to co-host an event or fundraiser.
- Sponsor a family in need through a local organization.
- Offer discounts or freebies to customers who donate items to a charity drive.
Launch a Holiday #ShopLocal Campaign
Several key elements need to come together for your holiday shop local campaign to be successful. First, you'll need to develop a clear and concise message that articulates why shopping locally is important. Next, you'll need to identify which businesses in your community you want to participate in the campaign. Once you've done that, reach out and invite them to participate. Once you have a solid list of participating businesses, start promoting the campaign through social media, email marketing, and any other channels you have at your disposal. And last but not least, don't forget to include some kind of incentive for customers to shop locally!
Promoting Your #ShopLocal Campaign
There are endless possibilities when it comes to promoting your holiday shop local campaign. To get started, try using some of these ideas:
- Create social media graphics and posts highlighting participating businesses and the benefits of shopping locally.
- Write blog posts or articles about the importance of supporting local businesses during the holidays ( like this one!).
- Make sure all participating businesses have signage in their windows or on their doors promoting the campaign.
- Send out email blasts or e-newsletters featuring participating businesses and highlighting special deals or discounts exclusive to shoppers who purchase from them.
Incentives for Local Shoppers
Incentives are key when it comes to getting people to participate in your holiday shop local campaign! Some ideas for incentives include:
- Offering discounts or coupons that can only be redeemed at participating businesses
- Holding contests or giveaways with prizes that can only be won by shopping at participating businesses
- Giving away freebies with purchase (e.g., free ornament with purchase of $50 or more)
In addition to incentives, you can make a gift guide to help your local shoppers find great gifts in your store. You can write up a useful guide in Word, and utilize Adobe Acrobat’s handy conversion tool – this will allow you to convert to a PDF file. A PDF makes the guide easy to share online. You can also use it in email campaigns as well as print copies to hand out in store.
Joint Marketing, Co-Hosted Events, and Mutual Business Support
Collaboration is key when it comes to making your holiday shop local campaign successful! By working together, businesses can pool their resources to create joint marketing materials and co-host events that will attract more attention and generate more excitement than they would be able to on their own. Some ideas for joint marketing materials include co-branded social media posts, flyers, posters, and postcards. And as far as co-hosted events go, the sky's the limit! Some ideas include hosting pop-up markets featuring products from participating businesses, hosting holiday parties or open houses, or even teaming up with other local businesses in your area to offer exclusive discounts and deals.
The holidays are fast approaching—are you ready? If not, don't worry! There's still time to launch a successful holiday shop local campaign that will benefit both your business and your community. By following the tips outlined above, you'll be well on your way to making this holiday season one for the books!
Membership in the Perris Valley Chamber of Commerce offers invaluable benefits to entrepreneurs in our community. Join us today!